After several years of trying to schedule appointments for yard visits during bloom season,
we decided in 2015 to make visits simpler for us and visitors by deciding to open our yard each
Saturday in May. We can still make appointments for visits during weekday evenings if the need arises.
In preparation for your visit, please keep a few things in mind:
- We are a home-based hobby business and do not have a public washroom available.
- There are stairs, narrow pathways and tight quarters to work around.
- You may see the same iris is several locations. We believe
in redundancy to preserve availability as well as testing growth
and bloom habits under different growing conditions (full-sun or
part-sun, level bed or sloped, etc.)
- Bloom times of the same hybrid can vary quite a bit between the front and back yard
- With over 2000 iris plants, and many other unique or
interesting landscape plants, something will be in bloom each Saturday!
Bearded Iris: Miniature Dwarf, Standard Dwarf, Intermediate, Miniature Tall, Border and Tall
Beardless: Japanese, Siberian, Louisiana, Spuria, Species and Pacific Coast hybrid seedlings
and, of course, our specialty
Pacific Coast Iris!!
We love our local King and Pierce County Iris Society members,
however we ask that you respect our time and privacy by NOT dropping
by for an impromptu visit during the week or on Sundays without
making prior arrangements. Our neighbors may report suspicious
activity if we are not available to act a tour guides! And simply
calling a leaving a message is not considered an appointment; we need
to verify that we're available for the visit.
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
7051 S 126 Street, Seattle, 98178