Embodying the luminescence of the rainbow, irises add prismatic brilliance to any landscape and bring joy to
the heart. We welcome you to our celebration of the wondrous Rainbow Flower and invite you to take a break from everyday hum-drum life...
- Our Galleria will provide you with visions of earthbound rainbows.
- IrisBytes presents the opportunity to add some color to your website or computer desktop.
- You can even listen to Iris Carols and pass some time having Fun With Iris.
- On the practical side, our Reference materials will support you in your efforts of growing irises.
Saturday Open Gardens
May 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Mark your calendar for a visit to our garden! We will be honoring any physical distancing directives that may be active in May.
- The Galleria has been updated with additional photos
- Since the RSBG 2021 Spring Sale has been cancelled we'll be setting up a Curbside Pick-up for potted Pacific Coast Iris the last two weekends in April, possibly extending the
option into May. Details will be available at the beginning of April.
On-line PCI Rhizome Sales Open: April 23 through September 4, 2021
"Bare-root" divisions that are shipped in mid-September.
NOTE: The closing date is projected. Rhizome sales may close before September 4, depending on availability.
Our primary focus is on Pacific Coast Iris, although we grow a significant representation of all other types of iris as well. Our
ultimate goal is to create a living archive to preserve as many of the older Pacific Coast Iris hybrids as possible. We currently grow
over 350 named PCI hybrids, along with many as yet unregistered seedlings, and are constantly seeking to expand the collection. As our
collection grows, so will the number of selections that are available through our on-line sales. If you grow a
registered Pacific Coast Iris that we do not have in our collection, we're willing to purchase it or trade for it! On occasion we
will also offer selections of Japanese, Louisiana, Siberian, Spuria and Species irises. Our excess stock of Tall, Miniature Dwarf, Standard Dwarf,
Intermediate, Border and Miniature Tall Bearded Irisis donated to the King Country Iris Society for their sale in August. Similarily we donate
excess beardless stock to KCIS for their September sale.
A close-up picture showing the details of an individual iris flower can show all of the intricate details, melding of colors and the
subtlety of patterns, shading and tones quite well. However, a close-up does not indicate anything about the growth patterns of the
plant or the significant impact that clumps of irises can have in the garden. Our Photo Galleries offer close-up photos of individual
flowers as well as some photos of clumps or group plantings. We're also adding side views of Pacific Coast irises to provide a dual
perspective since patterns and colors are often so subtle. If you are a local gardener, you may want to consider visiting our garden
to view the iris in mature clumps.
Located in Skyway, a community to be found between Renton and Seattle in Washington, the Leonine Iris gardens are open each Saturday
in May from 10:00am to 4:00pm. If you would be interested in stopping by outside of these hours, please contact us for an appointment.
In the meantime, please enjoy our photo galleries, reference materials and iris games!
If you have any questions regarding anything on our website, please contact us!